A Team of Qualified Attorneys Serving Chicagoland for over Thirty Years with Compassion and Care
The law firm of Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. has been serving clients for over thirty years. Credit for our longevity goes to our clients who have not only returned to our firm for their legal needs, but have told others about the personal service and care that they have received.
We practice throughout the Chicagoland area with offices in Carol Stream and Chicago. Our firm has established both a litigation division handling matters requiring attendance in court, along with a transaction division which handles non-court related business.
Our practice areas include:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Real estate
- Wills & Trusts
Accomplishments of the Firm and its Attorneys
The attorneys at Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. have achieved many significant distinctions in their careers. While it is gratifying to attain singular distinctions in the practice of law, the bulk of our firm’s satisfaction comes from the ability to serve our clients every day and help them reach their goals, solve their problems and meet their legal needs.
Below are just a few highlights accomplished by the members of our firm:
- Achieved the largest salmonella food poisoning case settlement in DuPage County
- Obtained an appellate court ruling in the client’s favor in a published appeal regarding Illinois law on property and retirement account allocation
- Only attorney in DuPage County to have successfully argued in a capital murder trial to spare the defendant from the death penalty
- Certified Family Mediator
- Published numerous articles in the DuPage Bar Brief
- Authored chapter on Post-Judgment Proceedings in the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education Family Law Manual
Commitment to the Legal Profession
Attorneys of the firm belong to many professional associations to maintain the highest level of professional development and stay current on the changes in their respective areas of the law. Our lawyers foster professional relationships in the legal community and often take leadership roles in these organizations to do their part and contribute to the growth and development of the legal profession in the greater Chicago area.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Dedicated to the Community
The attorneys at Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. volunteer their time both inside and outside the legal profession. Our lawyers are all active members of their respective churches and donate their time in everything from animal rescue to assisting dozens of churches and not for profit organizations with their legal needs. Below are some of the organizations our attorneys support in every capacity from worker bee to officers and members of the Board of Directors.
- Fairview Retirement Center
- Donka Computer Training for the Handicapped
- Administer Justice
- Koinonia House
- Symphony of Oak Park and River Forest
- Winfield Chamber of Commerce
- Dartmouth Alumni Association of Chicago
- Northwest Suburban Estate Planning Council
Here When You Need Us
With over thirty years in service and offices in Carol Stream and Chicago, you know that Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. will be here when you need us. Stop by one of our offices, call us to schedule an appointment, or contact us online. We welcome the opportunity to serve you and help you with your legal needs.