Chicago Real Estate Attorney
With offices in Carol Stream and Chicago, a real estate attorney at Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. can offer seasoned professional advice and representation in commercial and residential real estate transactions throughout Cook, DuPage, Kane and Lake County, Illinois.
Experienced real estate lawyers help ensure your valuable resources are not wasted
Whether conducted for residential or commercial purposes, a real estate transaction is one of the most important business deals a person or business makes. Every piece of property is unique, and people invest a great deal of time and resources into locating the ideal property for their purposes, whether as an investment or for immediate use. Aside from the cost of the transaction itself, parties expend significant time and money just getting to the point where the deal can be consummated. There are property surveys, title searches, inspections, earnest money deposits and escrow accounts, repairs and modifications that must be made, and financing that must be obtained, all before the transaction can be finalized at closing. Any misunderstanding or misstep along the way can derail the deal, causing a loss of time and money and a great deal of frustration.
Our real estate lawyers know how to get things done right the first time, without the misunderstandings and misinterpretations of inexpert draftsmanship that inevitably lead to litigation. A real estate attorney at Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. can provide comprehensive assistance throughout every phase of a real estate transaction, including:
- Negotiating, drafting or reviewing sales and lease contracts, commercial lease assignments, restrictive covenants
- Title searches, title reviews
- Property surveys
- Formation of joint ventures
- Tying up the project site
- Landowner negotiations
- Representation at City Council meetings
- Resolving environmental compliance issues
- Negotiating with banks and other lenders
- Document review
- Document Review and Preparation
- Review Transfer Disclosure Statements for accuracy and completeness
- Obtain licenses, permits, zoning variances
- Clear title issues regarding easements, boundary line disputes or other encroachments
- Representation at the table or consultation behind the scenes
Put Experienced Chicago Real Estate Legal Professionals on Your Team
No matter what stage of the transaction you are in, a real estate attorney at Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. can help your real property transaction succeed with minimal expense, minimal delay, and with your legal rights and interests protected now and into the future. Contact us today to schedule a meeting at our offices in Carol Stream and Chicago.